Jennifer Scott reveals lifestyle secrets and rules that guide the French
The French have a certain je ne sais quoi; whether it’s their style, their culinary skills or their general passion for life, American women want what French women have. In LESSONS FROM MADAME CHIC: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris style expert and blogger Jennifer Scott reveals the lifestyle secrets and rules that guide the French as they live fully and passionately.
- Eating: deprive yourself not
- Fitness: make exercise a part of life, not a chore
- Liberate Yourself with a 10-Item Wardrobe: Perhaps it’s a handful of cashmere sweaters, pencil skirts and a pair of skinny pants – strategically purchasing items that can easily mix and match will help you only spend money on items you love!
- Only Use the Best Things You Have: Whether it’s wearing matching pajamas instead of ratty sweatpants, or eating off your nice china on a random Monday night, using the best things you have honors yourself and those around you.
- Live Life as a Formal Affair: Create fun, formal rituals and traditions for your family that will enrich everyday life. Have a martini when you get home from work. Make crepes on Sunday mornings with your kids. Go for a leisurely walk as a family after dinner.
- Perfect Le No Makeup Look: How to achieve that natural glow and easily defined lips and eyes that is quintessentially French.
- Cultivate An Air of Mystery: Too often we gush our darkest secrets in social situations to fill an awkward silence. Scott urges women to become comfortable with silence, don’t over-share, and learn to receive compliments graciously.
Here are MADAME CHIC’s 10 Wardrobe “Must-Haves”
White tee by Michael Stars
Grey sweater blazer by Banana Republic
Black jersey tee by Velvet
Black velvet blazer by J Crew
Pirouette red crocodile ballet flats by London Sole
Red scarf by Love Quotes
Black wool trench coat by J Crew
Fuschia dress by Adrianna Papell
Tan suede heels by Jimmy Choo
Search & Browse
Share Your IdeasAmy would love to hear your creative ideas for living well. Whether it's jazzing up leftovers or cutting the grocery bill, we’re all ears!Share With Us
Don't Be A StrangerAmy is all about being social. Take this opportunity to connect with her on Facebook, share ideas and enjoy free tips.Connect With Amy >
Where's Amy?Wondering what Amy is up to? Take a look at her calendar for all upcoming events.View Her Calendar >
POFM 167 x 167