10 Tips for Flower Arranging
Flowers both soothe and excite the senses. I love them. I wish could have fresh flowers in every room of the house. I’m working on it! I continue to expand my cutting garden. At some point I will achieve my dream of a flower-filled home. In the meantime, here are some simple tips for creating beautiful arrangements.
1. Change the water daily
2. Make sure there are no greens below the surface of the water
3. Keep flowers in a cool spot out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources.
4. Always use a sharp knife or scissors when cutting the flowers
5. Use interesting materials – add fruit, vegetables, shells, ribbons, feathers
6. Instead of a single large centerpiece for your table, cluster together several smaller ones or run them down the center of the table
7. Use containers other than vases…be creative!
8. Group a single type of flower…you can’t go wrong with several bunches of tulips massed together in a glass vase.
9. Think monochromatic…use several different types of flowers from the same color family to create your piece
10. Forget the rules…flower arrangements don’t need to be perfect!
Search & Browse
Share Your IdeasAmy would love to hear your creative ideas for living well. Whether it's jazzing up leftovers or cutting the grocery bill, we’re all ears!Share With Us
Don't Be A StrangerAmy is all about being social. Take this opportunity to connect with her on Facebook, share ideas and enjoy free tips.Connect With Amy >
Where's Amy?Wondering what Amy is up to? Take a look at her calendar for all upcoming events.View Her Calendar >
POFM 167 x 167